Dear Phillip

March 23, 2013

Three years ago today, we posted the “…is happy. :)” status on Facebook. There it was, up for our friends to see – up for their wit to comment with memorable, albeit cheesy puns. It didn’t really confirm anything other than just that – you and I, we were happy at the same time.

Truth be told, those two words didn’t contain all the feels that I had at that time. I don’t think it described how confident my decision was at that moment – to be with you, to trust you even though you were 3,000 miles away.

I was happy of course, but what I really meant wasn’t just the usual smiley-face type of happy. That happy came with “I’m fucking lucky that at 24, I finally have someone who laughs at the same things that I do. Best part is, he also happens to love me!” It also came with “I am glad that he doesn’t think I’m too miserable, too gloomy, too heavy booted, to be worthy of loving.” It was the kind of happy that woke me up each succeeding morning less worried, because finally, I wasn’t too lost anymore, somebody found me.

Three years later, married and all, I am so glad we still are – happy.


I love you baby, to the universe and back and back again. Happy Third Anniversary. :*





No comments:

Post a Comment